Creating Monster Spawn Files
In order to create a monster spawn file you need to do the following.
1. You need to get the map files from the client side and place them in your map directory of the Zone Server folder. (Zoneserver>Zonedata>Map)
2. Edit the MapInfo.ini file in your ZoneServer and MainServer folders and set the value of that particular map to 0. That will enable the map. (1 is set the map to Battle and 2 is to disable the map)
3. Once that is done, log on to the game and teleport yourself to that map. You will find that the map is empty due to the missing monster spawn files. Move around the map and note down the Co-ordinates of valid locations.
4. Create a New Folder and you have to create the following files.
- A3 NDT Editor which is available in the 1.20 server files. (This is for creating spawn files for the 1.20 server and not the 2.02 server)
- Create the *.ndt and *.n_ndt files. * here represents the map number you wish to create.
5. Now open A3 NDT Editor and open the *.ndt file you just created. You can see that it is totally blank. Using the information you just attained by moving around the map and the creature codes known fill up the colums.
- There will be colums showing up in the A3 NDT Editor when the file is opened up. The first column has the monster codes (available already), the second column has the X Co-Ordinate of the creature (obtained by moving around the map), the third colum has the Y Co-Ordinate (obtained by moving around the map) of the creature and the last column has the values of the spawn rate of the creature (set it to the default rate. The default value can be looked up in the other spawn files).
Save the file and exit it once completed.
4. Open a hex editor (XVI32 or Ultra Edit) and open the *.ndt file you just saved. Open the hex editior again and this time open the *.n_ndt file that was previously created.
- The *.n_ndt file is a replica of the existent spawn files in the Map folder.
Copy the values from the *.ndt file to the *.n_ndt file exactly the way they are. This procedure length can vary depending on the size of the map and the number of creatures set. You an create a small VB program to get this done for you too. If you do not know VB then a manual procedure can always be done.
Save the file *.n_ndt file once this is done and exit the hex editor.
5. Congratulations. You have just created a monster spawn file for that particular map. You can now place this file along with the *.map file in the Map folder and then log on to the game. This time you can see the creatures on the map.
Files: A3 NDT Editor and A3 Co-Ordinate Tools are available here for download.
A3 NDT Editor uploaded by Arthas
n iNs@nE - Mod A3, Audition Sections.